The scientific definition of Vera means true or genuine. This makes aloe vera the most genuine and versatile cure for all your health concerns. You must have seen the aloe vera plant in a garden and you must have wondered how this ornamental plant can help improve your health. Well, that’s the most jealously guarded secret of nature!
Many of us have also used facial creams and shampoos enriched with aloe vera juice. The sap obtained from the stems of this juicy plant is used to make aloe vera juice. With so many benefits it offers, it is no surprise that Aloe Vera has been considered the plant of “immortality” by the Egyptians. Aloe vera has been used since time immemorial for its healing properties and to provide relief.
But you know why this small cactus plant is known as “miraculous plant“? To know the miraculous properties of aloe vera juice you have to know how to prepare aloe vera juice at home. Always use organic aloe vera juice to get the most benefit.
Aloe vera is a moist or juicy plant that has thick, fleshy stems with thorny leaves. The fleshy stem contains the juice of aloe, which is used for several purposes since the beginning of the first century, as an excellent home remedy. Juice and gel are used in various cosmetic and health medical treatments.
How to Prepare Aloe Vera Juice
- Cut and open a few stems of the plant from the middle section. Choose the outer stems because they are the most mature and have the highest concentration of antioxidants.
- The liquid that comes out is the fresh aloe gel.
- Remove all the gel from the stem and store it in a bowl.
- Put the gel in a blender and add a cup of water.
- Blend it to obtain pure aloe vera juice. Use the juice extracted in the next 3 or 4 days, otherwise, the juice will lose its antioxidants.
A Rich Source of Vitamins and Minerals
Both the juice and the aloe gel are powerful sources of antioxidants, antibiotics, function as stimulators of cell growth and have healing and painkiller properties. They are rich in the following vitamins and minerals:
- Folic acid
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E
- Amino acids
Aloe vera is the most bioactive of all aloe species. There are more than 75 active constituents in the plant, this includes polysaccharides such as acemannan, anthraquinone, aloin, enzymes, lignin, saponins and salicylic acid.
Aloe vera gel can be used for its laxative properties. Sometimes aloe vera gel along with the entire leaf are used to treat ulcerative colitis, metastatic cancer, infectious disease and chemotherapy treatment.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera produces two substances called gel and latex. Aloe gel is the transparent substance similar to gelatin found inside the plant. This aloe juice comprises the pulp extracted from the fleshy stems of the plant. Aloe juice can be applied to the skin and hair or consumed to relieve irritable bowel syndrome, inflammation, osteoarthritis and stomach ulcers. It is also a tonic for the health in general that you can take every morning to get all its benefits.
List of Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Health
1. Digestive Cure
Aloe Vera is very useful to cure intestinal problems due to its great anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera also helps the growth of positive bacteria in the intestines, this keeps all intestinal disorders at bay.
2. Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that affects the entire body. The immune system attacks bodily tissues, especially the membranes that cover the joints. There is inflammation and stiffness. There is an accumulation of fluid in the joints, which makes everything worse. Since rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease; Patients are usually given conventional medications such as analgesics, non-steroidal medications and corticosteroids. These medications have a strong impact on health.
Taking aloe juice for two weeks can help reduce inflammation in the body such as rheumatism, inflammation of hatred and eyes and arthritis. Aloe juice contains anti-inflammatory compounds such as plant sterols that help reduce pain and stiffness. Plant sterols work like steroid analgesics, but without causing any harm to the body.
3. For Muscle and Joint Pains
Applying the gel externally can relieve muscle and joint pain. But do not forget to use fresh gel freshly prepared.
4. For Reflux
Do you have serious digestive problems? Drinking aloe vera juice reduces the symptoms of reflux and stabilizes the body’s alkaline levels. It has a calming effect on the stomach walls and reduces acid reflux and discomfort. Thanks to its laxative properties it also helps relieve constipation.
5. Reduces cholesterol levels
Aloe is great for maintaining cholesterol level by reducing triglycerides. Include fresh Aloe juice in your daily diet to maintain your cholesterol levels and increase the levels of good cholesterol. By reducing cholesterol you are protecting your heart from harm.
6. Lose Weight in a Healthy Way
Sure you have taken pills to lose weight or tried all the exercises and diets to lose weight. But without achieving the desired results. Do you want to lose weight in a natural way? Aloe vera juice is the easy and natural solution to lose weight. Decreases weight by stabilizing the speed of metabolism, reducing lipid levels and helping burn fat.
7. For Dental and Oral Hygiene
Studies have shown that regular consumption of aloe juice improves dental and oral hygiene. Reduces gingivitis and plaque formation. Provides relief for cold sores and canker sores.
Washing your mouth with aloe juice improves oral hygiene. A study by the Journal of the Indian Society of Periodontology reveals that the local application of aloe vera juice improves periodontal health after dental procedures such as endodontics and cleanings. Another study from the Journal of Advances in Clinical and Experimental Medicine shows that aloe juice helps reduce oral lichen planus, a common dental problem.
8. Fight Diabetes
Aloe vera is good for patients with diabetes because it helps regulate blood sugar levels when consumed regularly. However, consult your doctor before starting to consume aloe juice. You need your doctor to prescribe a dose that does not interfere with the medications you take to control your blood sugar levels.
9. Help Detoxify
Mix 2 teaspoons of fresh aloe vera juice with a glass of water and drink it every day in the morning. This will help detoxify and cleanse your system. Aloe juice helps treat ulcers and detoxify the digestive system.1
10. Maintains Gum Health
Applying fresh aloe gel directly on the gums reduces pain and inflammation. If the bleeding of the gums is due to a bacterial infection, the aloe juice will help fight the infection and leave your mouth clean and fresh. There is no doubt why so many toothpaste and mouth rinses are made with aloe vera extracts!
11. Reduces Eye Irritation
1 Create your own completely natural eyewash. Mix two teaspoons of aloe vera in a cup with water. You can also add a teaspoon of boric acid. Use this eyewash to reduce irritation and redness of the eyes.1
12. Relieves Nasal And Chest Congestion
Do you suffer from constant nasal problems? Well, now you can try this completely natural option. Aloe vera is rich in magnesium lactate that works as an antihistamine which helps reduce the problem of inflammation of the sinuses and chest due to various allergies.
Regular intake of aloe juice helps fight cancer. It contains high levels of anti-carcinogenic properties that fight the growth of tumours.
14. Help to the Immune System
Drinking aloe juice on a regular basis compensates for the deficiency of amino acids in your body. Its high content of vitamins improves your immune system and self-defence mechanisms.
15. Combat Cough And The Common Cold
For those who regularly suffer from colds, coughs, flu, congested nose, bronchitis and other respiratory problems, Aloe Vera juice is the best natural solution. The vitamin C content of aloe vera juice ensures protection against the common cold that occurs when there are environmental changes.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for the Skin
Aloe vera is suitable for all types of skin, including very sensitive skin. Sure you have seen and used several skin care products that contain aloe gel. It is the most common remedy for all skin problems.
16. Combat The Signs of Ageing
The anti-ageing property of Aloe keeps the skin supple and rejuvenated, as well as diminishing the appearance of the spots.
17. Remove Dead Cells and Stretch Marks
Aloe vera moisturizes the skin and helps remove dead cells, wrinkles and fine lines. Aloe juice also helps remove streak marks.
18. For Use After Shaving
Men can use aloe vera gel after shaving. It reduces the irritation and inflammation of the skin and heals the cuts caused by the shaving process.
19. Helps Remove Acne And Scars That This Leaves
Do you suffer from acne? Then aloe vera is your friend since it is the best natural remedy to cure the pimples and pimples and the scars they leave. It has antimicrobial properties that help kill the bacteria that causes acne and reduces acne scars by lightening the skin.
20. Prevents sunburns and gives relief to the skin
We all put on several sun blockers and creams to prevent damaging sun rays from damaging our skin. But the rays sometimes penetrate through them. Aloe vera gel is highly beneficial for treating sunburn. It is an excellent refreshing agent. Apply fresh gel to your skin every day for immediate results. Reduces pain and redness of the skin and forms a protective layer which prevents further damage.
21. Relieves The Wounds
When applied externally, it relieves wounds and cuts, dermatitis and also insect bites.
22. For All Seasons
Aloe gel is moisturizing and moisturizes the skin well. So it can be used in all climates to avoid dry and irregular skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Hair
Excessive exposure to dust, sun and pollution makes our hair extremely dry, brittle and damaged. It removes natural oils and moisture to your hair causing split ends and dandruff. Aloe vera is useful for all types of hair, especially for dry and damaged hair. The constant use of aloe vera in your hair will make it softer, more resistant and free from damage and keep the hair loss decrease. The following are some of the benefits that aloe vera will bring to your hair.
23. Promotes Hair Growth
Aloe vera is rich in proteolytic enzymes which help to remove dead skin that covers the pores of the scalp, which prevents the growth of new hair follicles. The accumulation of excessive sebum in the scalp can cause capillary problems such as partial alopecia. So the aloe gel removes the sebum making the scalp clean and promoting hair growth.
24. Maintains pH Balance
Aloe Vera has alkaline properties which help maintain the pH level of the scalp and hair. This keeps hair moist and allows hair growth.
25. Reduce the Dandruff
Aloe vera is widely used to combat dandruff since ancient times. Thanks to its enzymatic breakdown properties in skin cells as well as its antifungal properties, it reduces scalp dandruff. It also helps to heal diseases of the scalp such as psoriasis and seborrhea.
26. Hair Conditioner
You can add two teaspoons of fresh aloe gel to your favourite conditioner and use it daily. This will increase the moisturizing properties of your conditioner and deeply hydrate your hair giving it a smooth and fresh appearance. You can also make the following hair masks for hair conditioning at home.
Facial Masks Using Juice / Aloe Vera Gel
27. Aloe and Clay Mask
- In the smectite clay paste (fuller’s clay) add ½ teaspoon of aloe gel.
- Then add a few drops of rose water and honey and mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply on the face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and dry your face with gentle touches.
28. Fruit and Aloe Mask
- Blend a few pieces of your favourite fruits like papaya, bananas, apples, oranges etc.
- To this mixture add a teaspoon of aloe gel and mix well.
- You can also add a teaspoon of almond oil or wheat germ if you have dry skin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
29. For Dry and Sensitive Skin
- In 2 teaspoons of aloe gel add a teaspoon of rose water and almond oil.
- Then add fresh cucumber paste and mix well to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Apply on your face and leave it for 15 minutes then rinse with cold water.
This facial mask is also an excellent cleaning. Moisturizes and softens oily skin by removing dead cells, oil and sebum excessively.
- In a mixing bowl add 2 teaspoons of oats and cucumber pasta.
- Add a teaspoon of aloe juice to this mixture and mix well until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply gently with circular motions.
- Now let it sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
30. Green Tea Mask
This facial mask is especially beneficial for women who suffer from premature ageing. Green tea and aloe are rich in antioxidants that help fight free radicals and reduce the signs of ageing.
- Grind ¼ of avocado pulp and cucumber puree in a bowl
- To this mixture add a teaspoon of aloe gel and green tea water.
- Mix well to form a paste and apply on the skin. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
31. Moisturizing Mask
Shea butter has excellent moisturizing and moisturizing properties. It is an essential ingredient in various creams and lip balms.
- In a teaspoon of aloe gel add a teaspoon of olive oil and shea oil.
- Mix and stir all the ingredients to form a uniform paste.
- Apply and leave the mask for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- This facial mask is ideal for people with dry and sensitive skin.
- In 2 teaspoons of kiss (chickpea flour) add curd and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix well to form a uniform capillary mask and apply it to your hair.
- After 30 minutes, wash it with a mild shampoo.
Hair Masks Using Juice / Aloe Vera Gel
32. Cleansing Mask
- In 2 teaspoons of kiss (chickpea flour) add curd and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix well to form a uniform mask and apply it to your hair.
- After 30 minutes, wash it with a mild shampoo.
33. For A Gentle Hair
- To 3 teaspoons of aloe gel, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and coconut oil.
- Massage on the scalp and let it act for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- In a blender put the aloe gel and a handful of hibiscus leaves. You can also add flowers for better results.
- You will get a uniform green paste. Apply it to the roots and strands of hair and let it act for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with shampoo. You may have to wash your hair twice to remove this hair mask.
34. Hibiscus Mask
You can also apply fresh aloe gel directly on the scalp and wash it after about 20 minutes with a mild shampoo. It will do wonders for your hair, leaving it soft and healthy.
Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
You should not consume more than 4 ounces of aloe vera juice. Excessive intake of aloe vera can cause nausea and inflammation of the liver.
- Always check the labels before buying aloe vera juice, see what percentage of aloe vera they have. This will prevent you from consuming more.
- Sometimes aloe vera interferes with some over-the-counter or prescription medications. For example, it may increase the effect of some medicines to lower sugar but may cause potassium loss if taken with diuretics.
- If you experience discomfort after consuming aloe juice, tell your doctor. Some people may have allergic reactions to aloe vera.
- Generally, aloe latex is known for its laxative properties, but consuming a gram of latex every day can cause diarrhoea, kidney problems and stomach cramps. So you need to ask your doctor how much aloe latex is right to consume.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding avoid taking aloe vera juice as it can cause problems. Also never give aloe juice to children under 12 because it can cause stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- Sometimes aloe vera can react with diabetes medications. So ask your doctor if it is safe to drink aloe juice. If you are drinking aloe juice, carefully monitor your blood sugar levels.
- If you have intestinal diseases such as Cron’s disease or ulcerative colitis do not take aloe latex or any product made of aloe. Since aloe is an intestinal irritant.
- If you suffer from haemorrhoids, get away from aloe juice as it can worsen your condition.
- Always consume the right doses of aloe vera, otherwise, it can cause serious kidney problems.
- Aloe vera can interfere with blood sugar levels during or after surgery. So stop taking aloe vera two weeks before surgery. In addition, aloe vera can prevent the blood from clotting; This same function is carried out by sevoflurane, the anaesthesia used in surgery. So taking aloe can cause excessive bleeding during surgery.
- Never drink aloe vera juice with Digoxin (Lanolin) since stimulant laxatives such as aloe latex can lower potassium levels and increase the side effects of lanolin.
- Aloe vera can react with oral medicines and reduce their effectiveness.
- To solve constipation problems, you can ingest 100-200 mg of aloe vera juice. Avoid aloe latex if possible.
- To treat psoriasis you can use a cream based on 0.5% aloe vera gel three times a day.
This dose was fixed thanks to scientific research, to know what is advisable for you, ask your doctor or follow the instructions on the label.
If you already got discouraged after reading the side effects of aloe vera juice. Remember the saying, too much of a good thing, it’s not good. Yes; you just have to drink some aloe vera juice, taking a lot will not give you any extra benefit. If you already tried to drink aloe juice before and disliked the taste, let me tell you that sometimes you need to ignore what your taste buds want and force you to drink something for the sake of your health. You can also use aloe juice to obtain enviable skin and hair. So make aloe juice your daily companion and welcome good health.
I hope that after reading this post, you will know the reasons why Aloe Vera is considered a “miraculous plant”. Include it in your daily routine to take care of your skin and hair and you will see the difference.